Sunday, December 2, 2012

Restaurant Review: Sushi California


One day after my brother’s hockey game like any other Friday night, my brother suggested to go to this little sushi place.  After a short 15 minute drive, we arrived at the restaurant. The exterior honestly didn't look too appealing to me, but this tiny restaurant was packed with people waiting inside and outside of the restaurant.  My brother insisted on heading inside, wanting to taste their take on Japanese sushi. 
It actually took us maybe half an hour to get seated because of the line, but after the meal, I didn't regret a second of it! The sushi was absolutely delicious and by far some the best sushi I've ever had. Sushi California is actually now my “go to” place for food.  First of all, it’s quite healthy, the price is very reasonable and inexpensive, but most importantly, they have authentic Japanese chefs who are very well trained in this field of cuisine.
The first time I went to this restaurant was about 2 or 3 years ago. Even till this day,  Sushi California is my favorite local sushi place! My family goes to this restaurant regularly now awe are well known customers there. The chefs and waitresses are practically friends and family to me now. The chefs are very friendly, greeting customers with their smiles behind the sushi bar, making everyone feel welcomed. My one critique about this restaurant is that their service could be better, but overall I give this restaurant an A! I strongly suggest all of you to give it a try!

Sushi California is now open in 2 locations:
 501A North Rd, Coquitlam, BC
(604) 931-8284

833 Broadway Vancouver, BC
604-873-8284

5 comments:

  1. I'm sensing a sushi theme in this class. I like the fact that this is a restaurant that you frequent. What are your favourite dishes here? How did you first find out about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of sushi, but my mom is always wanting to take us to a sushi place because she loves it. I'll tell her about this one because it sounds really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this resaturant either but it sounds like a good place to get sushi. I like the fact that the prices are resonable because sometimes sushi is really expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great restaurant :) I'm defintely interested in checking it out with friends or family! Good job joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms. Nembhard, my favorite dishes here are spicy tuna sashimi, dynamite roll, alaska roll, and their tobiko is delicious! All their food taste really fresh!

    ReplyDelete