Sunday, November 18, 2012

Umberto's Trattoria Review

A few weeks ago I went to Whistler for the weekend with my family and one of my friends. It was my birthday when we were there so we decided to go to my favourite restaurant to celebrate. We went to Umberto's Trattoria.


When we got to the Trattoria we were seated right away. We always sit at the bar when we go there because you get to watch the chefs prepare the food. Our waiter was very friendly and brought us drinks right away. We got some appetizers to start our meal. We shared a caprese salad and got a platter of antipasto toscano.  It was a great start to our meal!
After our appetizers, they served our main courses. We all had pasta, it was delicious and beautifully presented. I had Tagliarini di Mare, it was pasta in a tomato and chili sauce with seafood. I had never tried it before, but it was absolutely delicious. 
After our main courses they brought dessert for my friend and I. They brought me a chocolate torte and my friend tiramisu. It was a great way to end our meal and made my birthday dinner feel very special. 
All in all, we had a great experience at the Trattoria. The food was delicious, it all tasted fresh and it was cooked and presented beautifully. Since the chefs were preparing the food right in front of us we got to see exactly how they prepared the food, which was really cool. The service was excellent, the waiters and the chefs were all very friendly and made sure that everyone enjoyed their meals. If you are visiting Whistler I would highly recommend the Trattoria, it is definitely my favourite restaurant!

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to celebrate your birthday! I like sitting at the bar when I can, as it's always nice to talk with fellow diners and sometimes chat with the chef too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really seems like a great restaurant! The food looks really delicious in the pictures. Glad you had a good birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks super delicious! The desserts look amazing, I bet that was the cherry on top of the meal! This was an awesome review, I'd love to try this restaurant out :)

    ReplyDelete