Thursday, May 10, 2012

110$ Burger, wait what?


Mason B
110$ burger
When I want food I want it quickly and at a low cost. The hamburger is one of my personal favourites. A hamburger is the highlight of fast food, easily made, simple, and full of greasy goodness. Recently though I came across a luxury burger for 110$. This baffled me as to spend 110$ on a hamburger is a waste of money. If you want to spend that kind of money on food you should at least eat something fancy. But this burger is fancy.
The burger itself is made of a seven-ounce patty made from finest Japanese Kobe beef with wasabi mayonnaise and Italian Portobello mushrooms in a home-made onion-wheat bun. It is served with Asian pear, French foie gras, French fries, and a glass of wine.
http://www.ohmyweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/vindex-tengker-chef.jpgThe extent our food is developing is astonishing, a burger like this is something Americans would enjoy, yet it is served only in a hotel residing in Indonesia. The combination of many high end ingredients also adds to its grandeur.
As people get more and more good foods we will seek out even better foods.  Due to this I think that there will be many different kinds of high class food in the future. Although the idea of paying 110$ is a little much the idea is still a good one.
Personally I still believe in quantity over quality but for those of us who have extra money lying around this presents a nice luxurious dinner option.








2 comments:

  1. So, if you could spend $110 for a burger, would you? How much do you think should be spent on a burger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be the ultimate meal to have, but I don't see how it's worth it either. I mean, yeah you're eating a burger from the finest ingredients, but along with the hefty price, I wouldn't eat a burger with Asian pear, I don't the two go well together. There should be more meals like this though! Like luxury gourmet chicken wings or something!

    ReplyDelete