Friday, January 6, 2012

My Favourite Restaurant

I've been going to The Tomahawk pretty much my entire life, and it is without a doubt my favourite restaurant in the world. 

It's been around since 1926, and the original owner's son runs the restaurant now.  The Tomahawk is in North Vancouver, not far from Lonsdale Quay.  It's known for all the different burgers, which are each named after different Indian chiefs, and especially the Skookum Chief burger, which is the biggest burger on the menu with onions, lettuce, an organic ground beef patty, Yukon bacon, an egg, aged cheddar cheese, a sliced wiener, tomato, and Tomahawk special sauce.  I don't think I've ever seen more than 4 or 5 people eat the whole thing.  If burgers aren't your thing, they also have salads, sandwiches, soups, gigantic breakfasts, and the pies are to die for.  Trips to The Tomahawk are a family tradition for us, and it's one that I will definitely pass on to my own family.
http://www.tomahawkrestaurant.com/index.html

3 comments:

  1. I need to come here for breakfat, but maybe I'll wait for a day when I've hiked the Grouse Grind and have a huge appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that burger sounds intense! I can't believe that I've never heard about this place and yet it has been in business for over 80 years! I will check this place out soon!

    ReplyDelete