Friday, January 6, 2012

Opa, anyone?

I absolutely love Greek food; there are many unique and satisfying flavours. Recently, I ate at Paros Taverna, located at the Burquitlam Plaza, on the corner of Clarke & Smith.


The atmosphere as you enter the restaurant is very authentic, with dim lighting and candles illuminating every table. Me and my parents were greeted right away by some friendly waitresses and lead to a table. After scanning the menu for several minutes, we ordered our food; a kalamari dish starter, chicken souvlaki for me, and a lamb shank for my parents.

The kalamari was very good, with lots of texture and taste. The small side of tzatziki just added to the flavor, giving it a nice, tarty zing.

Chicken souvlaki is one of my favourite Greek dishes, and it was quite good. My only complaint of the meal would be the rice pilaf, which came along with the souvlaki; it had small pieces of diced raw onion, which isn't exactly my favourite vegetable. My parents also let me try some of their lamb, which was great. Lamb is unique to other meats, being very tender and almost "melt in your mouth" like when you eat it.

After our meal, we had to wait for about fifteen minutes until our waitress came and got our plates. She was kind enough to give us a slice of baklava, due to us having to wait. I really enjoyed the baklava. It satisfied my sweet-tooth, being drizzled with honey and topped with whipping cream.


Though Paros Taverna wouldn't be my number one choice for Greek, it was quite satisfying and I would recommend for others go to there and give it a try.
I would rate it 3.5/5 stars.

http://www.parostaverna.com/index.html

3 comments:

  1. Which would be your favourite Greek restaurant and why is it your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am in love with Greek food, but I enjoy the restaurant Opa that is seen in many of the food courts. I dont know how much it compares to its actually restaurant site, but all the food is always fresh, hot & delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greek food is always delicious (chicken souvlaki and greek salad are my faviouites!)Have you ever been to Pallas Athena in Coquitlam? The portions are very generous, is reasonably priced and has really good food!

    ReplyDelete